If there’s one thing we learned about 2016, it’s that video is no longer an option. It’s a vital part to any digital marketing strategy that wants to taste success. Below we have listed 10 statistics around video and video consumption that will have you wanted to hit record sooner than later. Do not kick yourself in 2018 that you didn’t utilize video in 2017.
The 10 stats in no particular order:
- 4X as many consumers would prefer to watch a video about a product than to read about it.
- By 2017, video content will represent 74% of all internet traffic.
- Using the word “video” in an email subject line boosts open rates by 19% and
click-through rates by 65%
- Facebook users spend 3X more time watching live videos than traditional videos
- Unbounce reports that including video on a landing page can increase conversion by 80%.
- 25% of consumers will lose interest in your brand if you don’t have a video explaining your product or service
- 90% of users say that seeing a video about a product is helpful in the decision process.
- 2017 is projected to be the year where online ad spending surpasses TV ad spending.
- 72 Hours of video are uploaded to YouTube every minute, according to YouTube.
- One third of all online activity is spent watching video.